Peer-reviewed conference and journal publications
- Carter, S., Marlow, J., Komori, A. & Mäkelä, V. (2016). Bringing mobile into meetings: Enhancing distributed meeting participation on smartwatches and mobile phones. Proceedings of MobileHCI, 407-417.
- Girgensohn, A., Marlow, J., Shipman, F., & Wilcox, L. (2016). Guiding Users through Asynchronous Meeting Content with Hypervideo Playback Plans. Proceedings of Hypertext 2016, 49-59.
- Agapie, E., Avrahami, D., & Marlow, J. (2016). Staying the Course: System-Driven Lapse Management for Supporting Behavior Change. Proceedings of CHI 2016, 1072-1083. [Honorable Mention Award]
- Marlow, J., Carter, S., Good, N., & Chen, J. (2016). Beyond talking heads: Multimedia artifact creation, use, and sharing in distributed meetings. Proceedings of CSCW, 1703-1715.
- Marlow, J., Van Everdingen, E., & Avrahami, D. (2016). Taking notes or playing games? Understanding multitasking in video communication. Proceedings of CSCW, 1726-1737.
- Avrahami, D., Van Everdingen, E., & Marlow, J. (2016). Supporting multitasking in video conferencing using gaze tracking and on-screen activity detection. Proceedings of ACM Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces (IUI), 130-134.
- Girgensohn, A., Marlow, J., Shipman, F., & Wilcox, L. (2015). HyperMeeting: Supporting asynchronous meetings with hypervideo. Proceedings of ACM Multimedia, 611-620.
- Marlow, J., Dabbish, L., & Forlizzi, J. (2015). Exploring the role of activity trace design on evaluations of online worker quality. Proceedings of CHI 2015, 1617-1620.
- Marlow, J., & Dabbish, L. (2015). The effects of visualizing activity history on attitudes and behaviors in a peer production context. Proceedings of CSCW 2015, 757-764.
- Marlow, J. & Dabbish, L. (2014). From rookie to all-star: Professional development in a graphic design community of practice. Proceedings of CSCW, 922-933.
- Marlow, J. & Dabbish, L. (2014). When is a picture not worth a thousand words? The psychological effects of mediated exposure to a remote location. Computers in Human Behavior, 824-831.
- Marlow, J. & Dabbish, L. (2013). Activity traces and signals in software developer recruitment and hiring. In Proceedings of CSCW, 145–156.
- Marlow, J., Dabbish, L., & Herbsleb, J. (2013). Impression formation in online peer production: activity traces and personal profiles in Github. In Proceedings of CSCW, 117–128.
- Tang, J., Marlow, J., Hoff, A., Roseway, A., Inkpen, K., Zhao, C., & Cao, X. (2012). Time travel proxy: using lightweight video recordings to create asynchronous, interactive meetings. In Proceedings of CHI, 3111–3120.
- Marlow, J., & Dabbish, L. (2011). Photo sharing in diverse distributed teams. In Proceedings of CSCW, 317–320.
- Cox, A., Clough, P., & Marlow, J. (2008). Flickr: A first look at user behaviour in the context of serious leisure. Information Research, 13 (1).
- Marlow, J. & Dabbish, L. (2014). Who's the boss? Requester transparency and motivation in a microtask marketplace. In CHI Extended Abstracts, 2533-2538.
- Marlow, J. & Dabbish, L. (2013). Designing to improve interpersonal impression accuracy in online peer production. In CHI Extended Abstracts, 925–930.
- Marlow, J., & Dabbish, L. (2012). Designing interventions to reduce psychological distance in globally distributed teams. In Proceedings of CSCW Companion, 163–166.